The League Scheduler is a program used by leagues to automatically generate season schedules based on the availability of facilities such as gyms, football fields, and baseball fields. To make your school's facilities available for league play, you will need to add them to the system.
There are two important steps to adding a sports venue:
- Add the venue as a facility resource. This is a one-time step.
- Make the venue available for scheduling games for a sport. This step must be repeated for each sports season.
Add the venue as a facility resource
Click the Sports Management link in the left menu. This will cause the sports management dashboard to Existing facility resources, if any, will appear to the right of the menu. The steps for adding a sports venue are:
- Click the Sports Management link in the left menu. This will cause the sports management dashboard to display.
- Click the Define Sports Venues link. A list of existing venues will be display. If your venue is already defined, you can proceed to "Make the venue available for scheduling games for a sport" below.
- If your venue does not already exist, click the Add a Facility button in the upper right side of the page to add a new resource
- Enter the name of your venue, such as "Baseball Field" (required).
- You can enter an optional description, for example, to give more information about the location or use of your resource.
- Select the Available for Sports Scheduling option. This is required to make the resource available for league scheduling and to allow entry of venue conflicts.
- Enter an address for your venue (required). The address information will be used to provide directions to league games when parents and coaches view games scheduled at your venue.
- Click the Add Facility button.
Important: Do not use the Availability tab on this screen. Instead, sports scheduling availability will be defined using a different feature as described later in this guide.