The Manage Teams feature allows you to add coaches, players, and parents to your teams.
- If your community uses Doodlio's Online Sports Registration to allow parents to register their students for sports, the lists of players available to be placed on teams will be limited to those players who have registered for the selected sport.
- If your community does not use Doodlio's Online Sports Registration, the list of players available to be placed on teams will consist of all students loaded into your community.
- You must have the appropriate privileges to create and manage teams. This feature is generally only available to Athletic Directors
- This feature is not available in the mobile app.
1. Click the Sports Management link in the left menu. This will display a sports management dashboard page.
2. Click on the Manage Teams link that appears on the dashboard.
3. Click on the "Select a Sport" drop down at the top of the screen and select the appropriate sport. This will cause your existing teams to appear on the screen.
4. Locate the team that you want to manage and click "+ Add People". This will cause a menu to appear with two options: "Add Players" and "Add Coaches and Others".
To add new players to a team, select Add Players. When you add a new player, their parents are automatically added to the team.
To add a coach, assistant coach, team parent, or athletic director select "Add Coaches and Others".
To add a parent to a team after a player has already been added select "Add Coaches and Others".
Select "Add Players" in step 4 above. This will cause a new window to appear.
Select the appropriate grade and gender for your team and click search.
If there are any students available to be placed on teams they will be appear in a list below the search bar. If your community uses Online Sports Registration the list will consist of students who have registered for the selected sport but have not been placed on a team. If your community does not use Online Sports Registration, the list will consist of all students from your school who meet the search criteria and who have not been placed on another team in the selected sport.
Select all players that you want to add to the team and then click the "Add Players" button.
The players and their parents will be added to your team.
Adding Coaches, Parents, and Others
Select "Add Coaches and Others" in step 4 above. This will cause a new window to appear.
Enter the last name of the individual that you want to add. You can enter a partial name. Then click Search.
If there are any members of your community who match the search criteria, a list will appear below the search bar.
Select each individual you want to add to the team. Important: Select the role that each individual will play on the team using the drop down selection next to the individual's name. For example, if you are adding a coach to the team, select the role "Coach" from the drop down list next to the individual's name.
Click the Add button to add them to your team.