The team calendar contains all the information you need to keep up with team practices and game schedules. To access your team's calendar, click on the calendar icon at the top of the group display.
The initial calendar view layout is a list of events. You can change the calendar view by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right side of the display. A menu will appear with four options:
- List - the view as shown above
- Month - a standard calendar month layout
- Week - shows seven days of events
- Day - show events for the current selected day
NOTE: Some features, such as Attendance, are only available in the List view.
Games appear as follows when displayed on the calendar. Game information includes the date and time of the game, opponent, and location (if provided by your league). Click on the location name to view the location and driving directions in your phone's map application (Apple Maps or Google Maps).
Your coach may turn on attendance reporting for games, practices, and other events. If attendance is enabled, you will be prompted to respond on the calendar list view. Your coach can request attendance reporting for players or parents. The prompt will display all family members for whom the coach has requested a response.
Note for coaches: Coaches will not always see the attendance prompt. For example, you will not see the prompt if you indicate that you only want responses for players and you do not have a son or daughter playing on your team.
Simply click the appropriate response for each family member displayed. The button you click will change colors to indicate your selection. You can come back at any time and change your response. However, coaches have the ability to prevent changes to responses after an event has started.
Adding New Events
NOTE: Typically, only coaches and assistant coaches have permission to add or change events.
To add a new event such as a team practice:
1. Click on the calendar icon at the top of the screen to access the team calendar
2. Click on the three vertical dots on the upper right side of the calendar display. This will cause a menu to display. Click on the Add and Event option. If you do not see this option, you do not have permission to add events.
3. A dialog will appear as shown in the image below. Complete the input fields:
- Enter a title for the event (required).
- Select a date and time. You can click on the calendar icon to select from a calendar
- Click "All Day" for all day events. This will hide the time input fields and mark the event as starting at 12:00 am and ending as 12:00 am the following day.
- If this is a repeating event, change drop down menu that reads "Event does not repeat" and select a repeating option. Indicate how many times the event will repeat by selecting a number of occurrences or a repeat end date.
- Enter a location description for the event, such as "Gym".
- Click the "Add Event" button to save the event. If the button is not highlighted and clickable, it means that you have not entered a required field - typically the event title.
- When you save the event it will automatically appear on the team calendar. Members of the team will also receive a new event message to inform them that an event has been added.
Update an Event
To update an event, click on the event on the calendar display. This will cause the Update Event screen to display. The Update Event screen has all the same fields as the Add Event screen discussed above.