The Attendance feature makes it easy to keep track of player availability for games and practice. When Attendance is enabled for an event, parents can simply click a response on the team calendar to indicate whether their player will be at the event.
How to turn on Attendance for your team
You can enable the Attendance feature in a few simple steps:
- Open the team details menu by clicking the button that looks like a circle with three dots in it.
- Click the Attendance Settings link
This will display the Attendance Settings screen.
If the slider at the top of the screen displays "Attendance is disabled for this group", click the slider to turn it on. It will display "Attendance is enabled for this group" and a new set of fields will appear.
NOTE: The default settings you create here will be applied as the final settings for games that are automatically added to your team calendar by the League Scheduler. You will be able to customize Attendance settings for other events you add to the calendar.
When you request members to report availability, parents will be prompted to report availability for their players as shown in the image at the top of this article. Most coaches request availability reporting for players only, although it is certainly possible to request reporting for parents as well.
To enable availability reporting:
- Click the slider "Request group members to report attendance..." so that it becomes highlighted
- Check each member type whose availability you want to know about - usually Student Player
- Select whether to allow availability reporting after an event has started. If you use availability to keep track of players attendance at practice and games you will probably want to select this setting.
- Click the Update button to save your changes
Visibility of Attendance Reports
Attendance reports for upcoming events and prior events are available to coaches as a new tab on the team group (see below). You can control whether parents and other members of the team are also able to view these reports.
Viewing and Updating Attendance Reports
When attendance is enabled, a new tab is added to your team next to the file sharing tab. There are two views available, By Event and By Member.
The By Event view lists events for which attendance has been enabled and displays a summary of responses for each event. The summary shows counts for:
- Yes (green check mark)
- No (red X)
- Maybe (yellow question mark)
- No response (grey dash)
Click the arrow on the right side of the event display to see individual responses for each member.
As coach, you can change responses for members of your team. Simply click a response next to the member. Your change is effective as soon as you make your selection.
Click the By Member button at the top of the display to review each member's availability for events. You can change responses for a member by clicking a response next to the event.
How to Customize Attendance Settings for an Event
If you have enabled Attendance for your group, the default settings will automatically be applied when you add or update an event on your team's calendar. For each event you can select:
- Whether members will be requested to report availability the event
- Whether other members will be able to see availability responses
- Whether members can report availability after the event has ended
- Who will be requested to report attendance