The Send a Message screen allows athletic directors to send a message to multiple teams at one time.
Customers who use Doodlio's Online Registration to register players for a sport can also send a message to families of players who registered for a particular sport. For example, if you used the online registration to register players for "Basketball 2022", the message will be sent to the parents who registered the players for that sport.
Sending a Message
To access the Send a Message feature:
- Click the Sports Management link in the left menu. This will cause the administrative dashboard to appear.
- Click on the Send a Message link
Selecting Sport Registrants to Receive the Message
- Customers who use Doodlio's Online Registration will see a list of registrations to select from.
- Select a registration by clicking the check box.
- The message you create will be sent to the parents of all players who signed up using the selected registration.
Selecting Teams to Receive the Message
When you select one or more teams as the recipients of your message, the message will be sent to each team's Doodlio group. Coaches and parents who are members of that team will receive message notifications by email or push notifications just like a normal team message, depending on their personal notification settings.
- Select a sport using the "Select a sport" drop down list.
- This will cause a list of divisions to appear along with a list of teams in each division
- You can click the check box for a division to select/deselect all teams within that division
- You can also click the check box for an individual team to select/deselect that team
- The teams that have a check mark next to them will receive the message
Select the "From" Address for Email Messages
Your message will appear in each team's group. Many Doodlio user's also receive team messages as email messages. You can specify a custom "from" email address to be used when delivering messages to email recipients. If those recipients reply to your message, their reply will be sent to the custom email address that you specify.
Custom email addresses can be your personal address, an organization email, or any other address that you or your co-workers use and monitor.
Alternatively, you can specify that the "no reply" email address should used as the "from" email address. Email recipients will not be able to reply to your message if you select the "no reply" option.
Select which "from" email address option you would like to use by clicking the check box next to your selection.
Set Up Your Custom Email Address
If you have previously setup your custom email address, you can skip this section and proceed to Entering Message Content below.
To use a custom email address, you will need to go through a one-time verification of that address. This verification is required to enable Doodlio to send messages on your behalf.
The verification process will send a link to the email address you specify.
To begin the verification process:
- Click the Manage Email Addresses button.
- This will cause the Manage Community Email Addresses window to appear. This window allows you to add and remove organizational email addresses that can be used for sending messages.
- In the Add an Email Address section at the bottom of the window, enter your desired email address.
- If you want this email address to be available for other people in your organization to use, check the "Available to all admins" check box.
- Click the Add button.
Verifying the email address:
When you click the Add button, an email will be sent to the email address that you specified. The email will be sent from Amazon Web Services, Doodlio's email technology partner.
- Go to your email browser and open the email from Amazon Web Services.
- Click the link in the email message.
- You will be directed to an Amazon Web Services web page that should show a confirmation that you have verified your email address.
- If the verification fails, review the message on the web page and make any changes necessary. If you cannot verify your email address, contact support at email@example.com.
Once your email address has been verified, return to Doodlio.
- Close the Manage Community Email Addresses window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- Select the email address you just verified in the "Select an Email Address" drop down
Entering Message Content
To complete your message:
- Enter a message subject. This will appear as the subject line in email messages.
- Enter your content. The message content input area includes rich text editing capabilities that allow you to change your message's colors, styles, alignment, and other formatting.
- Common formatting options are shown at the top of the editor.
- Click the three horizontal dots to show additional formatting options.
- For example, you can add an internet link by clicking the link icon in the additional options.
- You can also copy content from other sources and paste it into the message input area. Content copied from sources such as web pages or Microsoft Word will typically retain the source formatting.
- Click the Attachments icon below the message input area to add attachments to your message. Attachments will be embedded in group message when viewed within Doodlio teams. Attachments will be delivered as email attachments for email recipients.
Send Your Message
When you're ready to send your message, click the Send button at the bottom of the screen. Your message will be immediately delivered. A message box will appear at the bottom of the screen to indicate that your message was delivered.