It's fast and easy to create a new group for communication and collaboration.
Note: You must have correct permissions to add a group to your community. If you do not see the "Add a Group" link in the left menu then you do not have the required permissions.
Steps for adding a group:
- Click the Add a Group link in the left menu. This will cause a new window to appear.
- Enter a descriptive name for your group in the Group Name field. This name will appear in the left menu and will be the primary way that members of the group access it. The name you enter should give the members a clear understanding of the purpose of the group and should be easy for them to recognize in the menu.
- You can enter an optional description for your group.
- Click the Create Group button to create the group.
When you create your group, the screen will change to display the group you just created. You can now invite other members to join the group.
- Click Invite in the right menu. This will cause a new window to appear.
- Use the search to lookup individuals you want to add to the group. Note that you can enter a partial last name in the search box.
- Place a check next to each individual you want to invite to the group.
- Click the Invite button to invite the individuals.
- Each invited individual will receive a notification that they have been invited to join the group. They will simply need to click the Join button to add themselves to the group.